Montag, 31. März 2014

Watercolor Butterflies - feat maaaany colors of newest haul!

Hello folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna,

so since Leslie from work / play / polish left the first ever comment on this blog *yippie* and this was very positive to my #LLLucky contribution and the watercolor background I felt so honoured that I decided to give this technique another try - but wanted to try something else than a background for a mani (although this was awesome :D). And since here in Vienna summer resides and nature is still stuck in spring, I decided to do some butterflies!




Colors & Utilities
Zoya Cosmo
OPI Alpine Snow
Zoya Monet
China Glaze At Vase Value
China Glaze Lotus Begin
China Glaze Metro Pollen-tin
China Glaze Thistle Do Nicely
Black acrylic paint
Brushes (one for the watercolor and one thin for the acrylic paint)
Nail polish remover/Acetone

So I started with Essie Trillionails and Essie All In One Base as I usually do. I added Zoya Cosmo as accent nails. Zoya Cosmo is so SUPER SPARKLY!!! Seriously, the Zoya guy (or girl) that invented Magical Pixie Dust is a GENIUS!!! The sparkliness was so super hard to capture, this would be better in direct sunlight, but unfortunately I am always at work or at university when the sun is shining :/ but I absolutely LOVE these Pixie Dusts! I also bought Zoya Vega and thought I could skip Lux but I think i HAVE to include this in my next order, lol :D as my dear Dani would say: "I need this because of reasons". I will include some experience with durability as soon as I have one, after one day no chips here!

On the other nails I covered OPI Alpine Snow with Zoya Monet. This is the absolutely beautiful glitter from Zoya Awaken Collection. I think this fits perfect for spring-y and bit girly manis. At first I thought about China Glaze At Vase Value at a background because this would look a little more "grass-y" but I decided to do it on a white base was the right decision. This brings up my butterflies better :)
When OPI Alpine Snow dried down a little bit I added Zoya Monet, and then later added one coat of China Glaze No-Chip Top Coat. I let this thing dry for about one hour. Then I painted the butterfly bodies with black acrylic paint and added little strokes of China Glaze Shades At Vase Value (blue/mint), Lotus Begin (violet), Metro Pollen-tin (orange) and Thistle Do Nicely (super fancy awesome neon pink). After every brush stroke I dipped a nail art brush into nail polish remover to add the watercolor effect to the wings of the butterflies. Especially the two thumbs and the left hand pointer finger turned out really awesome I think. 
 
 

I added a hair brush (because I think my brush is too hard for this technique, it ruined my base again on one hand -.-) and clear acetone (my nail polish remover is a little green, and you can see this on white if you look closely :X) on my shopping list for the next time. There is still a plan for buying a thinner nail art brush as well to do more awesome nail art. I hope I get to shop this thing soon :D

Before I forget: I submitted this mani to the Nailpolis spring contest, so if you like my mani, I would really appreciate if you stop by and do a vote for it! Thank you!

And if you are around the web please also take a look at our Facebook page - we would appreciate some likes and comments! :)


Polished greetings,
Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen