Freitag, 28. März 2014

What makes Bea feel lucky - Horses!

Hello folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna,

so this is the third time The Lacquer Legion announced a theme, and this time it was "Lucky". So what came to my mind were HUGE amount of St. Patricks Day manis we've seen this March, and I thought "well no". It had to be something WITHOUT any clovers, pigs, or other usual New Year's Eve giveaways that are associated with luck. And then I had it clearly in my mind: What makes me feel lucky are horses. Whenever I come to my barn to either ride or either take care of the horses of my riding instructor, this really makes me feel lucky.





Colors & Utilities
OPI Alpine Snow
Essie Mint Candy Apple
Essie Lilacism
Misslyn Pool Party
Nailart brush (a wide and a thin one)
Nail polish remover
Acrylic paint
Stamper, Scraper and a plate (mine was MoYou Princess Plate 03)
Stamping polish (mine was from Konad)

I went over this beautiful watercolor technique Jen from The Polishaholic showed with OPI Sheer Tints, that made me googleing for this technique, and I found this video tutorial. So I thought "no problem, I'll get into this" and I have to say it was "meh". When I was finished I found this blogpost and this would have been really helpful because here I read what I already thought while creating this mani: One coat of any Top Coat could help keeping the base color (OPI Alpine Snow in this case) on the nail ... and I'll try this next time, for sure!


Upside-down to give you my view :)

I have to say that I am in love with the color combination and the technique (and the outcome), and have lots of ideas in mind, so I'll try this technique again soon!
Then I wanted to freehand a horse over middle and ring finger ... and failed very hard. So I decided to stamp a horse head on the ring finger and draw horse shoe marks like you see them on the ground on my pinkie. Not as cool as I intended this mani to be, but though very satisfied with the result!


Polished greetings,
Bea

1 Kommentar:

  1. I LOVE the direction you took with this. I NEED that horse stamp!!

    AntwortenLöschen